Sunday, October 21, 2007

Impoverished young man Mel helps comrade campaign for election

Life goes on despite hunger

Mel (18:27:37): Gud p.m., Bern, it's me, Mel. I'm with Jomar now. I'm with him campaigning in their barangay. Hope you're OK. I'm worried bcoz you're not texting. Love, Mel.
 

Bern (18:29:06): Hi Mel, I'm so glad you replied. I've been worried about you. May I ask: who is the candidate for whom you are campaigning?
 
Mel (18:30:16): Jomar Yaneza for councilor!

Bern (18:32:57): Oh, so Jomar is a candidate! My best wishes to him! Unfortunately I can't vote for him also!

Mel (18:35:07): He said thank you so much, yes, me too, I can't vote for him bcoz we're different barangay: he's from Barangay Uno, San Isidro, and I'm from Magdapio.

Bern (18:37:16): So Jomar lives across the river, somewhere near the cemetery, I think! I wonder how you cross the river to see him - by boat, or via the hanging bridge?


Mel (18:38:47): Of corz by hanging bridge! And I'm just walking to get here in his place.

Bern (18:40:01): No doubt it's cheaper that way. But it's several kilometres to walk! At least the exercise will keep you fit, if you're well enough for it.

Mel (18:42:41): Yes, I don't have to use tricycle, eh! . . .

No comments: