Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Van strikes motorcycle: husband and wife injured but lack funds for medical treatment

Yahoo! Inc.Image via Wikipedia

March 19

Tina (11:50): Gud a.m. Bern, I'm now in DTI [Department of Transport and Industry], located in Pila. I'm not sure if I can get d list of name[s] of registered hotel[s] and resort[s], coz dey ask for request letter, but I'm still waiting for d person in charge.

Accident

Bern (15:52): I told Joe all I know about accident. IMPORTANT: tell [the] doctor you have Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP), with platelet count about 16, and take Azathioprine.

Bern (15:53): I think doctor will see, however, if you have excessive bleeding. I certainly hope not.

Tina (16:03): Bern, driver of d van don't have money to pay x-ray and medicine; we're going [to] Provincial [hospital], but I don't have money too. What I can do? I suffer so much pain now.

Bern (16:05): If you are in [a] medical clinic I cannot understand why you are leaving it in pain. Surely doctor will treat [an] accident victim, even one who has no money.

Bern (16:06): Are you saying it is van driver's responsibility to pay for your medical treatment? Are you saying he is to blame for [the] collision?

Bern (16:09): I'll probably phone the Dr soon. I'll have to go offline to do that.

Bern (16:15): Jovs I hope you have load and can reply. I'll probably phone [the] Pila doctor soon to understand situation but to do that I'll have to disconnect Internet and Yahoo.

Bern (16:14): Mel, sad to say Jov's motorcycle [was] hit by van in Pila today. Jovs slightly injured I think. Tina has many abrasions, bruises, scratches on leg, foot hurt.

Tina (16:16): Driver don't have money today. He said he will help a little, he just have 200 pesos.

Tina (16:18): Doctor put Betadine [antiseptic] on wounds, dat all they do. I need x-ray in Provincial [hospital]. I'm sure they will give prescription.

Bern (16:18): Thanks for info but important questions not answered. Where are you? What are you doing? I'll go offline very soon to phone [the] doctor. I trust you do not have excessive bleeding.

Bern (16:20): Also you do not explain how you will travel to [the] Provincial Hospital. I don't know if your motorcycle is fit to ride or badly damaged or what.

Tina (16:21): We're now in police station, but d driver have only 200 pesos. We're plan[ning] to go now [to the] Provincial.

Tina (16:25): My mother bring d trikes here, we used to go to Provincial. We're now leaving now in police station. We have only 200 pesos from d driver.

Tina (16:27): It was motor cycle was damage too, but it can [be] used little by little to bring it home.

Bern (16:31): Sorry, visitor just arrived. I'm sure Joe sent you money very recently.

Tina (16:32): I felt dizzy but I don't have bleeding, we're now on da way to Provincial, I have only 100 pesos in my wallet. Jovs have referral for x-ray but our money is not enough.

Bern (16:32): I thought Provincial Hospital provided services free of charge.

Tina (16:34): Yes I already pay it in school last Friday coz today was our final exam, I need to have permit.

bern5321 (16:35): Pls provide estimated total cost and price of X-ray, medicines etc,;also advise where you will get the money.

Christine Lisa (16:42): Yes, its free but we need to provide things like bandage, medicine etc. Like in PGH, it's up to you, Bern, I don't have any idea about the cost. W'e're lucky if x-ray [machine] in Provinical [Hospital] function[s] - if not? X-ray outside [costs] 500 per x-ray.

Tina (16:43): I already paid all necessary things for graduation last Friday, I don't have problem now; only my thesis and exam today and tomorrow.

Bern (16:52): Sounds like you are not in [a] fit state for thesis and exam. You gave no estimate. I'm very unhappy about West[ern] Union. Agent here CLOSES 1 hour from now. We have [a] visitor.

Tina (16:56): We not arrived yet [at the] Provincial. I'm sorry, Bern, it's up to you, how much you will help, put in name of Jovs, if we don't have enough money we cannot get d result of x-ray and medicine.

Mel (17:05): Oh, Bern, what happen now to both of them? Who tell you about dat accident?

Bern (17:16): I got text from Tina so I phoned her. She's on way with Jovs to Provincial. I must rush to Western Union to send money for medicines, bandages, x-ray.

Tina (17:13): Bern, Dr. gave prescription vaccine, anti-titano [tetanus], 850 [pesos] each, 2 pcs. for 2 of us.

Tina (17:15): Sorry, I cannot give exact estimate coz Jovs have wounds also in his legs. I will send you d medical scratch.

Bern (17:18): I must rush now to bank then Western Union agent. I guess maybe I'll send 4,000. Goodbye.

Mel (17:19): OK Bern I hope both of them are OK now... 18:31:23.

Bern (18:39): I trust you and Jovs received text from me, sent about 15:50 your time. I'd appreciate an update on the current situation for both of you. Mel knows. Christine Lisa will receive your messages on a mobile device.

Tina (18:50) Thanks Bern, Jovs get d money; we already paid d vaccine, I done d x-ray. We get d official result tomorrow at 2 p.m. Nanay Josie was here now. Dr. gave prescription for pain, mefanamic acid 500 and cefalixin 500 mg.

Bern (18:56): OK. I'll look up those prescriptions. I suspect Cefalexin is an anti-biotic. Try to eat nourishing food, especially with Vitamin C, and try to rest tonight.

Tina (18:59): We're now going home after d vaccine injected to both of us, and we have now d medicine, we just rest at home, still I cannot walked; my right ankle was injured.

Bern (19:00): So sorry to hear that. I wonder how you get about. I hope Jovs doesn't have to carry you! Perhaps you need crutches.

Tina (19:04): Yes, I use crutches in hospital. Lito is d one [to] carry me, coz Jovs suffer wounds in his right leg too.

Bern (19:07): Oh, I hope the hospital allows you to take the crutches home. I'm glad to hear your mother and Josie and Lito have been there to help you; my greetings to them.

Tina (19:09): They did not allow [borrowing of the crutches]; only in hospital; we're now ride on d trikes going home, also Laurice was here too.

Bern (19:10): Crazy! Australian hospitals at least allow patients to take crutches home, even if they have to put a deposit on them. My greetings to Laurice too!

Tina (19:12): Yes, Bern, I told to them about your greetings. They want to say hello to you too.

Bern (19:13): I sincerely trust they are all well and managing OK.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: