Thursday, April 23, 2009

Family with 7 children indebted, hungry and penniless


Bern (10:37:33 GMT+10): Good morning Tina. Yesterday afternoon Jason texted me, giving thanks for helping Mae-Mae. I'm wondering how you, Kert and all the Kalayaan household are now. [Yahoo Messenger: "Tina will receive your messages on a mobile device."]

Tina (10:46:58): Did you received my text last nite? I did not slept whole nite, coz our food cook all credit, only 100 [pesos] cash, no 1 allow me get stock to cook today. We don't have food today, kids hungry.

Bern (10:48:50): No, I didn't receive it. Most regrettably my phone was inadvertently turned off and it has just arrived now. This is a deep shock to me.

Bern (10:52:22): On closer examination, the text just received was one you sent at 07:32 this morning. I received no other warning about this extreme situation.

Bern (10:55:18): Most regrettably, also, because of a large price increase, my Optus cell phone credit load is already exhausted. To ring you I must use a public call box.

Tina (11:03:43): Dis [is] my last text. I don't [have] money to buy load; just only I cry for d kids [who are] hungry coz I'm so tired since last nite till dis a.m. [I tried] to find some 1 to give capital to cook for today; not lucky.

No comments: