Saturday, May 09, 2009

Dog-bite victim receives another anti-rabies injection

Lin-Lin's health and appetite improve but costs remain a severe problem

SMS texting session via Yahoo Messenger from 13:52 to 14:34, Philippine time

At 13:52 today, Philippine time, Jason texted me that his daughter Lin-Lin had received an [anti-rabies] injection at the Laguna Provincial Hospital and was scheduled to receive another two, the next at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, May 13.

He was very concerned about the cost: 1,700 pesos for each injection.

"News about the cost alarms me greatly," I responded. "I prefer not to think about it now."

I hoped Lin-Lin wasn't too upset by the injection and was OK.

"She's OK now, Bern, happy and energetic", Jason replied; "she [has] improved now but she needs 2 more injections."

I'm here now in Jollibee," he added, "but [after] every inject[ion] she [is] requesting me to eat [at] Jollibee."

The dialogue continued:

Bern: I'm very glad to hear Lin-Lin has improved. I understand that she needs more injections. I hope you've improved [in health] too.

Jason: I'm OK, Bern, happy; specially Lin-Lin, she eat Jollibee. Thank you; you're always there for me, to support [us]. Thank you very much Bern.

Bern: I'm very glad of that [happiness] Jason. I'm aware of added expenses on Wednesday but don't want to think about it too much right now.

Jason: Thank you Bern. God bless. Love, Jason and family.

No comments: