Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ministore owner desperately seeks capital, citing great need

September 17

Tina (17:26:21): Bern, I and Mel decide to go home, we will return [to the Laguna Provincial Hospital] on Wed[nesday]. Some Indian (Bombay) 5/6* ask me if I want some capital from them, coz day know dat there [is] lots of demand but I don't have capital, but I think it's not good for my business. But almost of d guard force me to have extra capital to support der family needs.

September 18

Tina (10:03:21): Bern gud a.m., Jovs slept last nite with us, now little Bern and [I] was going to Magdapio but [we] will return after lunch, I don't have per kl. of rice right now, da 20 guard family rely on me including my family.

Tina (18/09/2007 10:12:33): You know Bern, tell you d truth, I don't want to borrow money to 5/6*, coz I really need to buy 5 sacks of rice, 1,200 each, to support d needs of d guards till payday 25th, it total cost 6,000, if ever I borrow I'm return it will be 7,200, my profit will be goes to them, if I have only a chance to have capital to support them and my family, I really need help.

* * *

* 5/6: A loan shark, so-called because one who borrows 500 pesos, for example, must repay 600 within a month. "Bombays" are moneylenders of Indian extraction, generally held in low repute by Filipinos.

No comments: