Friday, February 16, 2007

Dinner by candle light

Mel to Bern: cellphone text message sent on Feb 15 at 21:57, Filipino time: It's hard to move to my house; [I have] no light, also no food, Bern. It's very dark in here. But gladly I have 1 candle and I'm having coffee and bread [for] my dinner. [I] hope you and Alice are OK. [Received on Feb 16 at 13:39:51, Australian Eastern time].

Tina: 16/02/2007 (09:40:26): Bern, good morning, we don't have classes today because [we are] celebrating Chinese New Year until Monday.

Bern to Tina (13:41:51): Hello. Mel says he has no light and no food. PLEASE ask Jovs to TAKE food to Mel immediately then report back to me. If Jovs can't, please do it yourself.

Tina (14:03:00): Good afternoon Bern, I and Jovs and little Bern will go to Magdpio [the village where Mel lives] now to bring food there.

Bern to Tina (14:06:26): Thanks very much for that. Also, [I'm] very interested to know who's living in [the] house [where Mel lives], using elec[tricity], what food they have etc. We have just paid huge OVERDUE rent bill here today.

Tina (19:00:30): Gud p.m. Bern, we [have] just return[ed] from Magdapio, we bring food there just for two of us, don't worry too much about Mel, he has electric power, he [was] just eating lunch when we arrived. [Received at 21:15:01, Australian Eastern time].

Tina (20:42:14): Nanay Josie was there, also the family of Jayson, Ramon [Josie's man friend] was always there in the house. According to Tita Mercy [a neighbour], Nanay Josie [is] washing clothes from their neighbor[s]; [this] serve[s] as their income. Jayson['s] work was getting coconut in the mountain to sale, sometimes [also] fruits.

Bern: Hi Christine, we just arrived home. Thanks very much for visiting Magdapio & getting news for me. I wonder when [Mel's] light was cut & when it was restored.

No comments: