Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Expenses overwhelm poor, pregnant, bleeding woman and relatives

E-mail from Tina sent at 14:42 GMT+8

Dear Bern,

1. This is the prescription of Dra. D . . . :

Duvadilan 1 tab, once a day, need 7 pcs, 17.20 each, total cost 119, Hemostan 500 mg 10 cap, 2 x a day 22.50 each, total cost 225, Beniforte or Hemarate 1 tab. once a day, only available in Mercury drugs was Hemarate cost 11.00 each, total cost 674.

2. Then I spend Dr. fee cost 1,500 in 2 times each, yesterday and today dra.* Fees.

3. Then after Dra.* D . . . give a request for ultrasound on May 28, to see if there [is] a development and to avoid premature labor, it will cost again 1,500.

4. I Hope you understand, I also scan the result of ultra sound before which [was] requested in doctor in Provincial hospital last April 27, 2007.

5. I almost spend 2,500 for Liza check up and medicine, then my problem was another 1,500 on May 28, for ultrasound and another dra.* fee, need another 2,500 almost.

6. The money I have was my allowance for operation maybe on the first week of June, and I don't know yet what will be the exact expenses, what I can do? I want to save the life of the baby, that why I do that, I [know] that will be my next problem soon, how I can return the money I spend for Liza, and another expenses on May 28?

7. The main problem of mine was the allowance of Liza ‘s 2 child Ken and Kert, which Ken now I need to enroll in kindergarten this coming June, it's also my responsibility, also the situation of Liza, I hope we avoid premature labor, coz we experience it before on her 2nd child Kert, [who] was [in an] incubator for 1 month, it's so hard and so expensive. The allowance for their milk, diaper, and food, that make my life harder, but what I can do, I'm the elder and my responsibility [is] to help them, specially this moment.

8. I try to open a ATM account so I did not bring cash in hospital - it was BPI Express Teller International . . .

9 I hope Bern you can help me regarding my problem about Liza and kids' situation.

[Liza's husband] Roderic was now in Alabang suffering illness in TB.

Tina.

*Dra. is an abbreviation for "Doktora", female doctor.

No comments: